Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Main Street Electrical Parade

I really like Spectromagic, but lately I have been very nostalgic for the missing parts of Walt Disney World. Since the Main Street Electrical Parade has now had its last showing at Disneyland, I can look forward to its appearance at the Magic Kingdom.

I've been doing some ranting on twitter (@grinningghost) about what I feel are better attractions at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. Not that I complain about being an hour away from WDW, its more a desire to have some of the magic that is missing. For example, the Pirates ride is arguably a much better attraction at Disneyland than the Magic Kingdom.

So when they retrofit Hollywood Studios to cram in the Block Party Bash, I was a little dissapointed that we didn't get a new and fresh attraction. That was, until I actually saw the Block Party Bash, and realized it was a much better attraction than the previous parade. I did like all the old cars, but I have kids and the Block Party Bash is much better for them.

So, now we get my favorite parade back. Its not new, but it at least makes me remember the attractions that were in the park in my youth, things that you could never find in any other park. If You Had Wings, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Mission to Mars, were all in full force with my memories of the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Bye Bye Spectromagic, Hello Nostalgia!


No comments:

Post a Comment